1. To continue to work on keyboarding skills
2. To continue working on MS Paint project
Students will spend the first ten minutes of class one and the first 10 minutes of class two on typing.com continuing to work on their keyboarding skills. From this point onward, the first 10 minutes of each class will be timed work on typing.com. The rationale for this is that we need to see progress in keyboarding proficiency without looking at hands.
During class two, the students will use strategies to help them type without looking. The first strategy we will use is "weaning." Students will try to type in chunks of three to five letters without looking for each character.
EEK! We only had 1 class day last week in elementary computers so I am not making any changes to the lesson plan. We will make sure our Word Houses are done and turned in and begin learning about MS Paint.
Student Objectives this week:
1. To complete a one-minute typing test
2. To complete their MS Word house and turn it in
3. View the tutorial videos about creating landscapes (1,2,3) that are embedded below
4. Begin to copy tutotial videos to create their own landscape
Students - please complete the above in order! Prior to your one-minute test, plese do some keyboarding drills at typing.com. Once your one-minute test is completed, please make sure your MS Word house is done and turned in to the word house folder on the network. When that is done, please view the video below and begin working in MS paint to copy the picture.
To access MS pain, type "Paint" in the search bar at the lower left corner.
This week we have two main goals:
1. Evaluate our keyboarding progress with a one minute typing test
2. Practice drawing pictures using shapes in MS word (house drawing)
Day 1 - students will spend 10 minutes in silent typing practice on typing.com and then will be given the house drawing assignment (Mrs. Taylor will demonstrate how to do this in class)
Day 2- students will take a one minute timed test and will finish drawing their Word houses.