1. Become familiar with the rules, website and procedures for computer class
2. Identify HOME ROW on the keyboard
3. Log into typing.com
4. Begin the beginner wheel on typing.com
Welcome! We will first take a look at the COURSE INFORMATION page to learn the rules for this class
You might still have some questions...
Q: What is the first thing I do when I enter class each time?
A: LOOK AT THE BOARD. There will be a message from the teacher telling you exactly what to do. Read this message before you log into the computer.
Q: Am I allowed to talk when I enter class?
A: NO. We will have class discussions but once you are in the lab, you need to be silent. Some people need silence in order to think and focus. We will often "discuss" issues at Kidblog and your talking will take place through blog comments.
Q: How do I leave this class to go to the bathroom or get a drink?
A: You may leave this class 2x each report card period to go to the bathroom or get a drink. Your passes to do this are located next to your name on the class clipboard. You may only use them when your teacher is not addressing the entire class and you are working on your own time. Please write the date in the pass box on the clipboard. The list is at your teacher's desk.
Q: What if don't understand some assignments?
A: ASK! If it is after school hours, email Mrs. Taylor at email@example.com and she will help you as soon as she can.
HOW TO LOG IN TO TYPING.COM
1. Go to typing.com and click Student Log in
2. Your login username is your last name and the year you were born
3. Your password is SHA2024 (the year you graduate)
ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK:
1. Log into typing.com
2. Take a one-minute typing test. This will let us know how many words per minute you can currently type.
3. Begin lesson 1. It will be very difficult at first to keep your eyes on the screen and not on your fingers, but you must try! This will make you a much better typist!
4. You can set a timer for 10 minutes. Here is a link to one online www.online-stopwatch.com/countdown-timer/ When your time is up, you may finish working on your lesson and play some of the games at typing.com.
5. We will also be taking a google form pre-test for music class this week. It won't take very long and you can find the link below.