Tasks this week
1. Students will write a Kidblog called "My Christmas Wish for You." In it, they will compose a short message (2-4 sentences) that they would like to share with the world about why Christmas matters and then they will explain why they wrote this message.
2. Students will comment on at least 3 blogs in their class.
3. Typing practice this week will be for students to type the words to "Go Tell it on the Mountain," "Silent Night" and "In the Bleak Midwinter." These will be set up like poems for them to type but will do double duty helping us learn our words for the Christmas concert, too!
NO TYPING.COM this week! Christmas songs will be typed as many times as possible with extra credit available for typing them more than once.
1. To determine a true count of WPM on typing.com by completing a typing test WITHOUT looking at their fingers at all.
2. To learn how to determine if something is TRUE (the first letter in our acronym for posting things online) and to complete a kidblog about the importance of determining whether or not something is true.
3. To begin working on a poster in MS word of the "Top Ten" keyboard shortcuts.
Day 1 - students will practice for one minute test and we will discuss how to evaluate whether or not something found online is "true." Students will have access to their kidblog to begin the discussion about this topic.
Day 2 - students can continue working on kidblog but will also be introduced to the poster assignment for keyboard shortcuts in MS word. At some point during the class they will take a one minute timed test without looking at fingers to determine a real baseline of WPM.
This is catch up week. We will finish any blogs you haven't completed, finish writing comments on other people's blogs, and work in Typing.com.
1. All students need to delete any personal, non-class assignment blog from Kidblog.
2. You should have the following blogs: Presidential Question, My Favorite Time of the Year, My Favorite Part of the Christmas Story, Thanksgiving Traditions, Words in September.
This week the students will complete a Kidblog on the subject being thankful.
Day 1 - The students will take a 1 minute timed test in Typing.com. Then the assignment will be explained, and students given time to complete the assignment.
Day 2 - Students will complete their blog, spend time in Typing.com, and make comments on their classmate's blogs.